Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"My favorite president is President Obama."

This is an old story about bush at the YMCA doing a photo shoot with some kids, and it still makes me laugh. I thought I'd put it up again today.

Bush tested that thesis by navigating his motorcade across a snowy city to the YMCA Anthony Bowen Center. Protesters outside held up signs with messages such as "Bush Lied" and "Peace Surge."

"The reason I'm here is that we're heralding volunteerism in America," Bush said. "No better place to come where volunteers are doing their work."

He observed four activity stations where youngsters were being guided by adult mentors, including one station where they disemboweled a computer. As Bush chatted with some children, other youngsters were overheard by a pool reporter.

"He's my favorite president," one said.

"My favorite president is President Obama," another replied.

"Who's that?"

"He's the first black president."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...