Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Riding Bike


good bike
Originally uploaded by faster panda kill kill
Everyone I know seems really into bike riding these days. This is probably in part because the weather is nice, but also because everyone's into buying hybrids and Specialized Globes and whatever other stuff bike stores want to sell to you. My roommate was telling me about how she felt happy and like a little kid on her bike.

I don't really have the same connotation for biking. When I was a little kid I rode my bike a lot, but it wasn't because it was a fun activity. I was the daughter of a single mother who couldn't take off work drive me to tennis practice or other summer activities. I rode my bike around in the summer because I had to. Riding my bike is fine, but for me it's much more of a utilitarian feeling than one of a joyous childhood fulfillment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...