Friday, April 10, 2009

The Second Coming

Pew likes to do research on topical things. I know there are tons of super-religious people out there, but I was still a little taken aback when I saw this poll of American Christians.

Apparently a full 79 percent believe in Christ's second coming (okay, okay, I know it's part of the actual text of the Bible, but I think it's still interesting that people believe in a literal second coming of Christ). Furthermore, 20 percent, that's one in five American Christians actually believe that the second coming will happen during their lifetimes. The whole thing is sort of bizarre, given that presumably these people believe that things are so bad that we are nearing the end of humankind's time on Earth. Anyway, it's food for thought.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...