- The University of Montana is trying to help Native Americans fight Type 2 diabetes. [Montana Kaimin]
- MIT's graduate students are pushing for a tax exemption on stipends, more money for federally funded research, and higher caps on H1-B visas for advanced-degree holders. [The Tech]
- George Washington University has received its highest number of early decision applications ever. [GW Hatchet]
- NYU students protest a Forbes.com column that talked of "going Muslim." [Washington Square News]
- Texas A&M memorializes students who died in a bonfire 10 years ago. [USA Today]
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Camups Informer: Prostests at NYU Against Anti-Muslim Sentiment, MIT Grad Students Push for Immigration Reform
Campus Progress is bringing back a renewed version of a feature called Campus Informer, a roundup of cool and interesting stuff happening at campuses around the country. Of course, the feature isn't only limited to campuses, since Campus Progress exists for non-college youth and to make higher education more accessible and affordable. If you think something in your area should be included in Campus Informer, just email us at campusprogresseditors [at] americanprogress [dot] org.