Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Auctioning Breasts for the Sake of Breasts

I was invited to this event on Facebook today, and pretty much couldn't believe it. "Babes for Boobs!" the event is billed. The idea is a charity date auction to raise money for breast cancer, but not only does it raise money for the "boobs" and not mention the fact that women die as a result of the disease if not properly treated (screw the women, so long as we save the breasts), but it also engages in pretty distasteful trading something generally done in a sexual or romantic context (a date) for money. The description of the event even says, "In order to raise $2000 for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, I have decided to SELL MY FRIENDS! And a few people I don't even know. That's right. I'm selling my people for charity." Gross.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...