- A plan to merge several historically black colleges and universities in Mississippi is drawing accusations of racism. [Clarion Ledger]
- Spike Lee tells Howard University students to 'do the right thing.' [The Hilltop]
- A Dartmouth masters of public health student dies from complications of H1N1. [The Dartmouth]
- Lots of people go home for Thanksgiving, but one NYU student chose to stay at school over the break. [Washington Square News]
- A doctor at Harvard treats transgender patients as a medical condition rather than a psychiatric one. [The Harvard Crimson]
- New media is playing a role in the UC protests. [The Daily Californian]
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Campus Informer: HBCUs May Merge, Spike Lee Tells Students to 'Do the Right Thing'
Campus Progress is bringing back a renewed version of a feature called Campus Informer, a roundup of cool and interesting stuff happening at campuses around the country. Of course, the feature isn't only limited to campuses, since Campus Progress exists for non-college youth and to make higher education more accessible and affordable. If you think something in your area should be included in Campus Informer, just email us at campusprogresseditors [at] americanprogress [dot] org.