K, so sorry guys. I totally dropped the ball on blogging this week. But that's because there's crazy shit going down! And it seemed really overwhelming to point out all the effed up stuff that's happening in the world this week. So, for you're benefit, I've put it all together in one place:
- Legislators in Fredrick County, Maryland are justifying cutting of funding for Head Start because, apparently, women should be at home with their kids.
- South Dakota wants to kill its one abortion provider. Though the state legislator, Phil Jensen, who introduced the bill insisted this is about killing a fetus in a domestic violence situation because evidently current homicide law that just covers the killing a woman isn't enough.
- Florida is trying to pass a bill that bans fetal pain, something that isn't even actual science.
- And there's all kinds of other crazy anti-choice legislation in lots of states.
- Oh yeah, and Republicans want to cut family planning funding. In DC alone, more than 35,000 women needed Title X funding. See how family planning funding is spent in your state.
- ALSO, Justin Bieber doesn't believe in abortion. Probably because he'll never have to have one. Teen pop star FAIL.
Weeks like this make me mad that I know about all this awful stuff that's happening in the world. What else made you mad this week?